quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2016

How to.. pack your luggage

My very first post is going to be about traveling, but not the beautiful part, when we have already arrived to our beautiful destiny, having great moments. It is going to be about what is essential, but not necessarily fun about it: packing.
I love traveling and after almost 20 countries I can say that packing never gets easier. I always feel like I didn't do a great job packing. I never really miss anything, but that is the sensation of the perfect outfit is at home and not with me.
Winter clothes only makes things harder, the volume of winter coats, jackets and snow shoes. But I am not that bad, not an expert, but I can do miracles!


After living seven months in Italy, in 5 different cities I learned our first lesson: DON'T PANIC! It will close. What I love about international flight is that we can take a lot with us.. but unfortunately, sometimes, the size of our luggage is not big enough. It is the case of the one in the picture. This is a very helpful kind of luggage, but sometimes, not the best one.


After all, I had to put some clothes in other bags.. but the thing is staying away from home for that long makes it harder.

So.. What would I recommend you when you pack?
First, the obvious tips: check the weather. This only works if you are staying short term, but even being long term, check if in this season usually rains, or snows or if it is incredibly hot.
Take with you at least one outfit for specific occasions like "what if I have a fancy dinner?", "what if I have a small barbecue with friends?". Try to think about casual and formal occasions. And always take with you a pair of fancy shoes!
One of the most important lessons I've learnt is that if you have a flight canceled, you better be prepared for this. So always take with you clean clothes (underwear is essential) and personal hygiene items. 
To minimize damage, put shampoo and lotions inside plastic bags and to organize well, jeans, towels, pijamas go first.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário